Salam Alaikum Beautiful. Peace be upon you.
As we know Allah sent us the diseases but he also sent us the cures. It is up to us to look for it in the beauty and power of nature.
Today I’m going to share with you a great natural remedy for dry cough that I have been using to treat cold and flu, for myself and my children.
All you need is natural and powerful ingredients that I’m sure you probably have in your kitchen. All those ingredients have antiviral and antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties which can help the body fight cold-causing viruses.
For this powerful and natural cough syrup you will need :
- Around 20 cloves: Cloves act as an expectorant, loosening mucus in the throat making it easier to cough it up.
- 3 cinnamon sticks: Cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties that help the body fight cold and flu causing viruses.
- 3 cm of freshly grated ginger you can also use ginger powder, but fresh is best. Ginger contains a compound called gingerol and shagelol, with strong antimicrobial anti-inflammatory properties that help the body fight cold-causing viruses. Ginger contains a high quantity of antioxidants, giving our immune system a good boost against the common cold or flu. It has potent anti-inflammatory properties and is very effective to get rid of a sore throat.
- 3 stars anise: Star anise is rich in antioxidants that help in fighting free radicals and again help boost our immune system. The presence of vitamin A and C present in them are known to be effective in easing sore throat and cold. The antifungal and antibacterial properties of this spice can keep us away from flu and other viral infection.
- First, soak all the ingredients covered with 2 cups of water for at least 2 hrs.
- Boil all the ingredients together for 5 mn. Keep it covered
- Let it cool down.
- Discard all the spices
- Add to a clean glass jar.
- Add the juice of 1 /2 lemon: Lemons are high in vitamin C, a natural antioxidant that enhances the immune system and has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
Finally, add 2 to 3 tbsp of raw organic honey. You can use eucalyptus thyme or Manuka honey; Honey has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-microbial properties. Studies have shown that it is effective at fighting external and internal infections.
Take this syrup at least 3 to 4 time/day until cough stops you should see immediate results but it may vary from person to person.
Again, if you know you are sensitive to any of the ingredients avoid taking this syrup. or ask advice to your health practitioner.
As always natural remedies can be great for our health. Make sure you use organic ingredients.
so I hope that you will see lots of benefits with this natural syrup.
I would love to hear what other remedy or syrup you using or making to help with cough sore throat and flu. You can leave a comment, and remember sharing is caring.
Peace and blessings to you.
Amanee founder of Naturaleeyou.