Salam alaikum Beautiful. Peace Be Upon You
Today I’m going to show you how to make a very effective hair remedy that I have been using for years now it has helped me tremendously improve the state of my hair and reduce hair loss and also regrow my hair naturally.
As explained previously I have been suffering from this problem since I had my first daughter and it has helped me a lot since I am doing this hair mask every week.
So here’s the recipe and what you will need for this mask
- A plastic bottle or glass bottle I reuse my old bottle of shampoo and add my hair mask to it, I have noticed that it was easier to use and apply on my hair and avoid the mess of having it all over my clothes or even in my face.
- 1 tbsp of castor oil, even though castor oil is a very thick and sticky oil I love adding it to my mask because of its great properties
Benefits of Castor Oil
- It can help reduce hair fall thanks to the ricinoleic acid present in castor oil it can also improve blood circulation to the scalp. This, in turn, improves hair follicle and scalp health and as a result, may help in reducing hair fall. It strengthens the roots of your hair by nourishing the scalp and may be very effective in providing protection against bacteria. There’s also some concern that using castor oil as a hair treatment may lead to acute hair felting—in a rare occasion, this could lead to the hair becoming entangled into a hard mass. and the only solution is to cut off the affected hair. Please note that castor oil has been working for me and my family since using it but it is also clear that even today there’s not enough scientific evidence that proves castor is very effective for hair regrowth.
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
Benefits of Olive Oil
- The benefit of using olive oil for your hair begins with its ability to strengthen the hair. Olive oil has a moisturizing effect that nourishes your scalp, which can prevent dandruff, which is one of the causes of hair loss. For your hair to remain healthy and long, hair strands must be kept strong to avoid breakages. This is what olive oil does to help strengthen individual hair strands to avoid hair splits.
- 1 tbsp of Avocado Oil
Benefits of Avocado Oil
- Rich in antioxidants, minerals, essential fatty acids, biotin and vitamins A, B-5, and E these are all goodness for our hair. You can also add more avocado to your diet or swap your cooking oil with avocado oil to reap the benefits. Adding avocado to your hair will moisturize, repair, and strengthen them . A Study found that minerals like those in avocado oil can help seal cuticle cells, which can prevent hair from breaking.
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- This oil can add Gloss and shine to your hair and scalp. It encourage hair growth Due to its composition. Coconut Oil is said to be extremely effective in preventing protein loss which will help to repair damaged hair. It will help bind the protein in hair and protect both the roots and strands from hair breakage and help repair damaged hair.-
- 1 tbsp of Argan Oil
Benefits of Argan oil
- This oil can help the overall look and feel of the hair. It contains high level of antioxidants, essential fatty acids and vitamin E, Argan oil helps naturally increase the hair’s moisture content and elasticity. It combats frizz, and protect the strands from damage that causes split ends and breakage. Its restorative properties can help smooth, soften, and hydrate the strands so that the hair appears healthier and more manageable, It also acts as an anti-inflammatory, which can reduces inflammation that causes dandruff, dryness, and irritation of the scalp.
- .5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 of tea tree oil, and
- 5 of rosemary essential oi
- 5 drops of peppermint oil (please note that tea tree oil and peppermint can cause skin irritation). you can read the benefits of those oils here
And that’s it.
1st mix all carrier oils together you can even add them directly to your bottle then add your essential oils. Once you have poured all your oils shake the bottle vigorously to mix all oils together.
How to apply it
You will need a towel to avoid the mess a comb to prepare your hair before applying the mask, a brush to apply the mask.( brush is not essential as you will be using the bottle but I use it to spread the oil evenly. Leave it on overnight and rinse your hair and style them as usual.
You should see a visible difference in 2 weeks
plz make sure beforehand to do a skin patch test in case of any allergic reactions
Using essential oils can cause skin irritation or allergic reactions. This is especially common when an essential oil is applied directly to the skin,
Allergic reactions are also more common in those with sensitive skin or those who have allergies to the essential oil.
If you are not sure how to use essential oils for hair growth, avoid contact with eyes it is always advised to mix it to carrier oils and avoid using it on the face.
Ask for the advice of your doctor or a licensed natural health practitioner before using any natural remedy. Essential oils are never to be taken orally
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, suffer from hypertension or have epilepsy, avoid Rosemary essential oil. Again, ask your doctor if you have any questions.
Although reactions are rare with proper use, always perform a skin patch test before using a new essential oil to ensure no allergic reaction.
Would love to hear in the comment section below what other ingredients you add to your hair mask and other oils or other natural remedies you are using to help with hair loss and regrowth. Don’t forget sharing is caring.
Peace Love and Blessings to you
Amanee founder of naturaleeyou